Craps is a game deriving its origin from an Old English game usually played by army men for fun or relaxation. It has evolved over the years to a game now played in the 21 st century at most casino outlets and digitally online. Craps is simply a game in which the players (also known as the shooter make wagers on the outcome of a dice roll. In this game, you can sure to make a real deal of money when you place your bets in the form of chips bought with money at a casino outlet. The game gives an exhilarating experience, and you will definitely be missing out if you never played one. In this guide, we will deal with craps as it is being played at casino outlets which are more realistic about playing online. Here the terminologies used in the game, rules, people involved will be examined.
Types of Craps
There are two types of craps according to how it is being played at the casino * Bank Craps: This form of craps involves the player and the casino (dealers) all in a standing position betting against each other to reach a fair deal on a roll of dices. * Street Craps: This is a direct play between players or shooters waging against each other.
Individuals Involved in Craps
- The Dealers: This set of people are partially involved in a game of Craps. Their main duty is to handle the players on their respective sides, pay winners and collect the chips from losers.
- Boxman: They are also partially involved in this game. All they do is to act as spectators and perhaps, to monitor how the game is being played.
- Stickman: This individual is in charge of the dice, picks them and directs it to the player or the shooter.
- The Shooter: This is the active player in the game. He is tasked with throwing the dice across the crap table and places bets
Layout of the Craps Table
A standard craps table is usually large such that it is 12 feet long and three and a half feet wide made to accommodate up to 18 individuals. The table is designed in a wooden framework along with a paddled leather arm rail for players. The table is divided into sections to accommodate the boxman and dealer takes a portion, and a small section is laid out for the stickman.
Terminologies in the Game of Craps
The terminologies are basically the forms of craps being played, strategies employed, etc. * Pass line Bet: The pass line bet is the one on a 7 or 11 before you establish a point during a play. * Don’t pass Bet: This type of bet is when you bet against another shooter hitting the point. This in a proper game wise is not often recommendable. * The come Bet: This is a bet in which when a point is being made by a player, and a bet is played in which a roll of 7 or 11 becomes a win for the wager. On rolling a 2,3 or 12 the player losses. Any exceptions from the above make it a come bet point wherein the wager can go for the odds and when the dice for the come bet rolls on seven the wager losses but makes a win on a betting point before the roll of 7. * Place Bet: A bet in which numbers of 5,6,8,9 or 10 is predicted before a seven. If any of the predicted numbers comes up, it is then tagged a win. * Lay Bet: For this type of Bet. There are no chances for a range of numbers. A specific number is always chosen. To win this bet, the shooter must roll his bets * The Easy Way: A wager wins if a shooter or player rolls a 4,6, 8 or 10(without pairs) before a 7 comes up. * The Hard Way: For this type of bet the player wins if the shooter rolls double that is equal to 4, 6,8 or 10. The 4 and 10 pay 7:1 while 6 and 8 pay 9:1.
Tips to play craps
The following tips will help you to play a good winning while playing this game at a casino center. * Know all the terminologies and type of bet you can place * Avoid bad bets / risky wagers * Familiarize yourself with the table layouts as it can help you in making proper winnings. * Ignore all superstitious belief going on around the crap table.
Guide to Play
As a player in the game, you are expected to place your bets in the form of chips you already bought with money at the table where everyone involves should be in a standing position except cases of ill health or Old age. How to Play:
- A player receives dice from the STICKMAN and makes the first roll of a dice termed the ‘’come – out roll’’.
- The player then makes a wager on the pass or Don’t pass line and tosses the dice across the table. Once the dice hits a number 2,3 or 12, it is known as craps and anyone who wagers on the pass line losses. On a 7 or 11 anyone who wagers on the pass line wins.
- If the “come out roll’’ results in another number, then the total becomes a point and player can cast another roll of dice until the 7 comes up. If number 7 comes up first, the round comes to an end and those who wagered on this line losses their money.
- Now if as a shooter you finish your turn, pass to the next player and the game continues.
Once you can familiarize yourself with the basics of how to play and what craps really involve you are on the right path to making good winnings and getting a real deal of money.